Sunday 1 June 2014

What I've Been Loving This Month | May

How on earth is it June already? Crazy! Almost halfway through 2014, eek!
This months favourites post is quite make-up/skincare heavy. I've been changing things up a little bit now that the weather is getting nicer (she says as the rain runs down out the window).




Skincare wise I've been having a few breakouts recently which I think its due to the change in season, boo. Therefore I needed a few simple products to treat my spots without irritating my sensitive skin. With this in mind, I popped into Lush and picked up two of their Toner Waters.


I opted for the Eau Roma Water, which is a mix of Lavender and Rose water. It claims to soothe and hydrate without causing skin to overreact. Exactly what I was looking for! I've been using this morning and night after double cleansing. It really does calm the skin and leaves it feeling super soft, I'd definitely recommend it!

The second Toner Water I picked up was the Tea Tree Water. Tea tree is great for spot prone skin. Its antibacterial and antiseptic properties really help clear the skin, it dries up existing spots and stops the germs spreading across the face. I use this after the Eau Roma water, with a cotton pad. I really do think this has helped to clear up my skin recently and will be repurchasing soon.

Another spot treatment I've been using is the Origins Super Spot Remover.


I just dab a little of this onto any spots I have before I go to bed and it dries them up and minimises their size by morning time. It's a little pricier but really worth the money.

Lastly for skincare this month is an eye cream. I'll be honest I'd never really used an eye cream until now. I don't seem to get dark circles and my under eye skin isn't too much of an issue, but I thought since I'm twenty two I'd start using one. I wanted something organic, so I picked up the Boots Botanic Hydrating Eye Cream.


It's 80% organic and has nourishing rosehip. I've been using it morning and night and I have to say I've noticed that my under eye are feels more hydrated and looks fresher. Plus a little goes a long way, so I can see this lasting for a good while.

Now for make-up, there are four items that I've been loving throughout May and three of them are base products. I've been trying to achieve the much sought after dewy glow this month and the first product I've enlisted for this is a new foundation.


I've loved this Nars Sheer Glow for ages but when I ran out, I didn't get around to repurchasing it until now. Despite what the name suggests, this foundation isn't really all that sheer. You can easily build it up to a give a nice medium coverage, yet still keep the pretty glow. I have the shade Mont Blanc which is the perfect match for me when I'm not fake tanned. 



This stuff is gorgeous, I don't know why I hadn't tried it before! It gives really good coverage, is really creamy and its perfect for an under eye concealer because of the built in highlight. It's a beaut.

Lastly for base products is MAC Strobe Cream.


It's a bit of a multi task product. The description that MAC give explains it far better than I could! "The ultimate quick fix for the skin. Super-powered with potent botanicals; de-snoozes, de-stresses, moistens, freshens and boosts the look of dull, flat or tired-looking skin with a fully loaded vitamin zap and a mega dose of green tea. Brightens and clarifies with iridescent particles and antioxidants. Enhances the effects of light on all skin and in all lighting conditions from sunlight to spotlight" - phew!! I've been using it either under my foundation to give an all over glow, or over my foundation as a liquid highlight, on my cheekbones, brow bone etc. Its really creamy and pigmented and its great value for money.

The final two make-up products are from Benefit. I recently had my eyebrows done at the Benefit brow bar in Debenhams, Belfast (more on that in the next few weeks) and the girl used Brow Zings to fill in my brows.


I loved the look it gave and remembered that I had it at home. I've been using it every day since and can't remember why I ever stopped using it now! There's a brow shadow to fill in your brows and a wax to set them. It also comes with two little brushes to use and tweezers. Its seriously fool proof and its a tiny little product with a mirror inside so its handy to take around with you.

The other product is a new Benefit launch. The Posie Balm. 


It comes after the Posie tint which I already love, so I knew I had to have this. Its a gorgeous poppy pink colour, is really moisturising and lasts quite well for a balm. I've taken to applying the tint first, then applying this over it. The two work perfectly together and I've been rocking this lip look most days since I bought it. Plus the packaging is to die for!

Last, but by no means least are my Nike Rosherun trainers.


I bought these a few months back when ASOS had 20% off and I honestly haven't worn much else. They are so comfy, they're so cute and they go with everything! I've been wearing them to work out as well as with skinny jeans for a casual day out. They're definitely worth the money and I am officially in love. I'm already looking for my next pair!

Thanks so much for reading guys! What have you been loving during May?

Rachael x




1 comment:

  1. The words you are producing are really of much importance to me and I am really grateful to you to introduce me to this concept. Keep the spirits high.
    womens new in fashion distributor

    ReplyDelete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig