Saturday 7 June 2014

The sky isn't always blue. The sun doesn't always shine. It's okay to fall apart sometimes.




I've had a bit of a tough week. 
The worst week in a very long time.
I'm not too good at talking about my emotions, I like to keep everything inside and deal with it in my own way. 
Normally my "dealing" with my emotions involves listening to my sad Spotify playlist and crying in my bed!

I'm lucky enough however to have wonderful family and friends.
People who allow and encourage me to cry/scream/vent with them.
I'm also lucky that I don't take anything too seriously and I enjoy the little things in life.

I love spontaneity and trying different things constantly.

On Thursday night at around 9.30, my friend Matthew and I were driving back to Belfast after having visited our ginger friend Stewart in Derry/Londonderry.


(Yes, that does say "Muff". Its a place in County Donegal in Ireland! Hahaha, we're very mature!) 

We were blasting a Mika CD we bought in Poundland (old school, I know) and singing at the top of our voices when we decided we wanted to go somewhere to watch the sunset.

We decided to climb to the top of Cavehill in Belfast.
We took the "scenic" route, which consisted of mud, mud and more mud.



We made it to the top hot, sweaty and with a few minutes to spare.
The view was beautiful and so worth the trek up the hills.

Apologies for the photo quality guys, the spontaneous decision meant I had to take the photos with my iPhone.








Of course we had to take some Selfies!









Scary drop!


 What isn't pictured is me falling into a nettle bush. It was dark and I was scared we would be murdered so clumsy old me decided to run and naturally I tripped. It resulted in nettle stings all over my body, three splinters and a big gash on my right knee. Ouch!




Sometimes when you're having a hard time you need to do something that makes you feel human. Something that makes you feel alive. Something that allows you to remember how small your problems are in the grand scheme of things. Everything is temporary. Including the hard times, which is something we often forget. 

What I'm trying to say is, if you're having a hard time it's okay to let yourself be sad for a little while. It's okay to bawl your eyes out while watching chick flicks and eating Galaxy. Just make sure you remember that things get better, and you're never truly alone. 

Thanks for reading guys, sorry about the depressing post!
I'll be back on Monday with a cheery, inspiring Motivational Monday post!

Rachael x










No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig