Sunday 1 February 2015

JANUARY FAVOURITES 2015


Well we made it guys, we got through January, wahoo! I hope you've all had a good start to 2015. I know I have and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what February brings now. (Hopefully some warmer weather, I'm freezing!).


My first favourite this month is the Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment.



This baby claims to "fight all common skin concerns" including visible pores, blemishes, breakouts, black and whiteheads and even ingrown hairs. I've tried Thirstymud and Youthmud from Glamglow and loved them both so I was pretty sure I'd like using this and I was so right. It has quickly become my favourite treatment for when I'm having a bit of a spotty time. It can be used as an all over face mask or as a spot treatment.  I usually apply a thin layer and leave for about 15 minutes. As the mask dries on your face you can visibly see the "gunk" that has been drawn out of your pores. It's a bit gross but it definitely shows you that it's working. It's a little more pricey that any drugstore masks but it lasts for ages and it's definitely worth the money in my opinion. LOVE.




I am a huge Benefit fan and this product has been around for years so I don't know why I've never picked it up before now. It's a matte powder and is just the right mix of brown and orangey tones. It's super flattering even on my pale skin and I find that it's great for contouring. For £23.50 I think it's great value and it even comes with a cute mini bronzing brush but I personally prefer to use my own. 


A new hair product that I've been loving is the V05 Give Me Texture Instant Oomph Powder


I love big hair and am on a seemingly never ending quest to find a product that gives me the volume and texture I want without needing to reapply it every half hour. This little beauty is definitely a serious contender. I simply shake it up, pore a little product into my hand and rub it into my roots. It comes out white but as long as you rub it in well you don't get the dreaded white ghost-like tinge on your hair. It's especially handy when you've just washed your hair and it has that fluffy "too clean" feeling. This gives it more texture and makes it easer to style. Plus it's super cheap. A firm hair favourite I think!


Now for a non beauty favourite; my new Kindle Paperwhite.


I love to read and I constantly have a book in my handbag but recently it's been getting to the point where I have nowhere to put all of the books I buy and my handbag is getting too heavy for my wee arms. I had toyed with getting a kindle before when they initially came out but I decided that I'm too much of a traditionalist and that I love the feel and smell of a good book too much, but in December my nan asked me what I wanted for Christmas and suggested she get me a Kindle. I did my research and asked a few friends with Kindles what they thought of them. When everyone I spoke to told me they loved theirs I bit the technological bullet and went for it. Surprise surprise, a month later and I couldn't be without this little thing. Its so light, its small enough to carry around and I have all the books I want at the touch of a button. I really recommend the Kindle if you're a book fanatic like me. Plus, check out my super cute cover!



Finally and probably my favourite of this months favourites. My New Balance 420's.


I got these in August and there hasn't been a week thats gone by since without me wearing them. I've worn them constantly. Even through Winter. I adore them. They're insanely comfy and go with everything. I umm'd and ahh'd about buying them at first because of the £65 price tag but I'm so glad I got them. The hardest thing now is stopping myself buying every other colour. If you are interested in getting a pair of 420's I'd say to size up. I'm a small four and I had to get a five in them. I've tried to find a link to this exact pair but they seem to be sold out everywhere but here's a similar pair.


So that's it for this month, thanks for reading. Let me know what you've loved through January in the comments!

Rachael x


Side note: The multi-coloured blanket in the pictures is a creation my lovely and very talented mum made me, she has a Facebook page if anyone is interested!






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig